Work projects for 2020:
Rifle & Pistol tasks,
Talk to Steve Uhall before starting any other project than the ones listed below. Text 724-757-9017 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call back to approve the project. Some jobs may have multiple people working on them, or we may discuss and review work or arrange for materials prior to starting projects.
NOTE - Grass cutting and weed whacking are an ongoing need, feel free to complete and contact me afterwards.
- Repair\rebuild\paint benches
- Permanent base for large metal storage box
- Complete mobile Plate stands (5 gallon buckets near fish house need posts completed and hangers fit to top)
- Repair target trolleys, replace target boards
- Construct mobile walls
- Build plate hangers for swinging plates on left side of range. Must be proficient with welder!
100 YARD RANGE
- Repair\rebuild existing benches and paint them
- Make new stools as needed
- Paint poles, etc of firing line roof
- Repair\replace target boards\frames
- Build Swinging plate hanger to be placed in the 100 yard impact berm
- Build gun racks
500 yard range
- Repair 500 yard target carriers (in Pits)
- Repair\replace doors on target shed in pits
- Pain target shed
- Repair flag poles (new eye on top, new rope, new clips to hold flag
- Extend pole length on the hillside right of the road at the pits
- Extend flag pole lengths on left side of firing lines
- Cut grass
1) All firing lines
2) Parking areas to the right of the pits and inside of Gate
3) Weed Whack Pits
4) Weed whack around target boards
5) Targets on left side of the range, Cut lanes to the targets and ensure that all swinger plates are visible from the 500 yard line in front of the benches and NOT UNDER THE ROOF (Lay down and make sure the plates can be shot from the prone position)
5) Weed Whack the hill in front of Number boards
- Paint the number boards
- Build additional plate hanger frames so that we have plates every 100 yards
- Repair\rebuild and paint benches
- Repair\build stools
- Paint the poles, etc. of the firing line roof
- Build gun racks
RIFLE & PISTOL: Chairman Steve Uhall
RIFLE Matches: 2020
Sportsmen’s Association of Greensburg
2020 - 500 yard Mid Range Match Dates:
June 14, Jly 12, Aug 16, Sept 6
Time: Registration begins at 7:30 AM; Matches begin at 9:00AM
Location and directions:
SAG 500 yard High Power range. The range is located off Greensburg, Mt. Pleasant Rd. ½ mile north of Norvelt near the Westmoreland County fairgrounds. Overnight accommodations are available in Greensburg and New Stanton. Overnight camping is permitted at the range by prior arrangement
Fees: Entry fee - Adult $15, Juniors $5 - Challenge fee $1.
Course of Fire:
500 Yard Mid-Range Prone
Per NRA Rule 7.20: Mid-Range Prone Course:
40 shots for record fired prone from 500 yards on the MR65 target. Two strings of 20 record shots with a maximum of TEN sighting shots shall be fired within a 30 minute time limit for each string. All sighting shots are to be fired prior to firing for record, Once the competitor indicates they are firing for record no further sighting shots are permitted except at the discretion of the Match Director.
500 Yard F-Class
Per NRA Rules 22.5.61 & 22.7.15 F–Class
40 shots for record fired from the prone position from the shoulder. The rifle may be supported with a rear and/or front rest or with a bipod and/or sling and rear rest from 500 yards on the MR65FC target. Two strings of 20 record shots with a maximum of TEN sighting shots shall be fired within a 30 minute time limit for each string. All sighting shots are to be fired prior to firing for record, Once the competitor indicates they are firing for record no further sighting shots are permitted except at the discretion of the Match Director Rules:
All current NRA RULES apply. The decision of the Match Director is final.
Rifles: Service Rifle, Match Rifle, or ANY Rifle.
Both Iron and Optical Sights are permitted for any rifle not meeting the rules for Service Rifle. - Competitors must be 14 years old. (At the match director’s discretion, Sub-Juniors may be permitted to compete).
-All competitors are required to pull targets unless prior arrangements are made with the Match Director.
*Note that the proper use of eye is required while in the Target Pits (and Ear Protection is recommended).
Ear protection is mandatory on the firing line. Eye protection is currently recommended on the firing line. Juniors are required to wear eye and ear protection on the Firing Line and in the Target Pits.
The Club has two loaner rifles available for junior shooters and first time adult shooters with preference given to junior aged shooters. Please contact us prior to the match to ensure availability on match day.
Awards - prone:
Match winner and one award per every 5 shooters in each class.
Awards – F-Class:
Match winner and one award per every 5 shooters in each class
NOTE – The SAG Insurance carrier now requires all non-members participating in any shooting activity to complete a waiver form. This is non negotiable and applies to our Rifle, Pistol, Archery, Trap, Skeet, and Sporting clays ranges.
2020 NRA\CMP HighPower X-Course match DATES TBD
Steve Uhall (724) 757-9017 (email@example.com)
Social distancing will still be required as well as the possibility that you may need to have a mask. So you as the match participants need to be patient and understanding when you plan on attending our matches. We all want this to be a safe environment for all participants to enjoy and you need to respect others' concerns regarding the spread of this virus.
Range capacity will be set at 24 shooters - 4 relays of 6 shooters. Please email me if you plan to attend, I will keep a running list of shooters.
We are determining the best way to maintain distance while pulling targets. This may require a shooter to pull targets alone (one to a target) for two consecutive strings (max of 60 shots.
Make sure and have exact change, do not hand me a $20 and expect me the make change.
Make sure you have a mask.
If you think you have been around someone with COVID even if you do not have any symptoms do not come to the match.
Bring gloves if you feel that will help protect you.
Do social distance.